Friday, January 21, 2011

A Surprising Alcohol Survey Results

I would like to share with you the results of the survey I conducted recently. 171 people from my prospects list responded to give me their issues with alcohol and what their main problems were.

I think this is an eye-opener

First some statistics.

Of the 171 people, 59% are female, 41% male.

38.2% are 45-54 years old which was very surprising to me. In fact 80% of people were over 35 years old.

Here are the full age breakdowns

171 people

18-25 0.6%
26-34 19.4%
35-44 25.3%
45-54 38.2%
55-64 14.1%
65  2.4%

Now what were their main problems with drinking?

There were numerous responses but some of the common ones were:

I can't stop drinking once I have started - I have no limit My drinking hurts me and my family and loved ones Health concerns and it is damaging me physically Do stupid things when drunk which I regret I tend to binge drink when I drink Can't go for a day without drinking

What were the main reason why people were drinking too much?

Of the 154 people who answered the question and they could select multiple answers,

53.9% of people said the main problem they had was boredom
40.3% Low Self-Esteem
33.1% Relationship
31.2% Work
18.2% Family
5.8% Illness
29.9% Other

(Other reasons included stress and to be able to
relax and chill out, grief, formed a habit etc)

So there you have it. Just some of the results
from the survey which  gives a much
better understanding of the people looking for
help with their drinking issues.

No comments: